Thursday, December 2, 2010

‘Tis a Dark and Foggy Night

Looking out the windows this evening I can barely see the new trailer sitting in my driveway. All the streetlights are shrouded with fuzzy halos and I can’t see into my neighbours back yard.

The fog reminds me so much of New Orleans that I am sitting here all warm and cozy with a smile on my face and tingling with anticipation of the holidays to come.

A week from now and probably right around this time, we will be pulling out of the driveway and pointing the front of the car southward. What happens after that will be a totally new experience for us with our new trailer and tow vehicle. We will be like little kids at Christmas when we make our first stop in Great Falls, Montana. Won’t it be fun to discover how everything ‘really’ works on our first night away from home?

I’ve been trying to talk him into ‘camping in the driveway’ but he won’t go for it. I personally think it would be a great way to figure out how this thing works and what else I might need to pack. He’s probably wondering how his Touareg is going to drive and not about if I packed his underwear or not! When we do pull into the Walmart in Great Falls – at least we know that the store is open all night and he can buy some if he needs to. They let people camp in their parking lots because they know we are going to spend money in their stores. Smart move on their part.

With the upcoming trip constantly on my mind I’m going to post the pic of  ‘The Grand Tour’ once again. Unfortunate circumstances have cancelled the sale of that particular bracelet and it is now back on the market. I’m also still taking orders for anything I’ve posted so far and will continue to do so right up until December 7th. If I haven’t got the trailer packed by noon on the 8th I might be in big trouble. Either that or we do a lot of shopping!

So without further ado – I give you ‘The Grand Tour’

PA020024 $40

10 comments:

Bernie said...

This bracelet is so pretty, I am sure you won't have it very long, wish I didn't have so much jewelry - this is where I would shop!
Okay am I suppose to be able to click on The Grand Tour and it take me to another page because it doesn't open for me.
......:-) Hugs

Rachel Green said...

It really is lovely :)

Mickle in NZ said...

Just knowing the Trailer is there with you has me so very confident about your 8 weeks of holiday time.

Sending care and huggles, Mickle and Zebby Cat, xxxx and Zeb snoozle and sleep and happy style sounds.

Akelamalu said...

Love the bracelet!

Can I pick your brains m'dear?

We will be visiting New Orleans and the southern states in May next year and as you've been so many times can you tell me what sort of clothes we need to take for the weather at that time of year?

Daryl said...

How clever are you .. we all know the answer VERY .. and creative .. I wish we could travel to those places together or at least to our fav city .. one day .. one day

ADDY said...

Camping on the driveway sounds so sensible. Why did I never think of that when we were working out what to take with us on camping holidays ?

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your own tour.

I make a list and then oversee it getting loaded into the car when we go camping. I usually have the first few meals planned in advance and coffee and munchies packed. We have an emergency bag in the car which is mainly 1st aid kit, a thick fleece blanket and torches.

Have a wonderful time!

Maggie May said...

Ooooooh! its exciting! I wonder where you'll end up!
Looking forward to details and photos.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Moonroot said...

Bon voyage!
I think camping on the driveway sounds like an excellent idea by the way. And I look forward to hearing all about your adventures in due course!

bichonpawz said...

Beautiful bracelet Aims! I can HEAR your excitement about your upcoming trip!!! Makes me want to just GO somewhere!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!! GREAT way to spend the holidays!!